Installing a new WordPress plugin is an easy and straightforward process. Here is a brief step-by-step guide:
1. Login to your WordPress site and navigate to the Plugins tab on the left-hand menu
2. Click on Add New at the top of the page
3. Use the search bar to find the plugin you want, by typing its name
4. Click on Install Now next to the plugin you want to install
5. After installation, click on Activate Plugin to enable it on your site
1. Alternative Method
One alternative way to install a WordPress plugin is to use the command line interface (CLI). To do this, you need to log in to your server using SSH and navigate to your WordPress installation directory. Then, you can use the WP-CLI utility to install the plugin by running the command “wp plugin install [plugin name].” This method can be faster and more efficient than using the WordPress dashboard, especially if you need to install multiple plugins or if you encounter an error when using the dashboard.
2. Alternative Method
Another alternative method is to manually upload the plugin files to your server. This involves downloading the plugin from the WordPress repository or a third-party source, extracting the files, and uploading them to your wp-content/plugins directory using a file transfer protocol (FTP) client. This method may be useful if you have limited permissions on your WordPress site or if the dashboard installation is not working for some reason.